Who can participate?
- Any full-time student at the University of Pennsylvania (undergraduate or graduate)
How do teams form?
- Interested students should apply to lead or join a team using our online application. Please see the "Apply" tab for details.
- Team leaders and interested students come together at Problem Day at the beginning of October to form their project teams.
- At this session, leaders and members meet in an interactive setting and find the team and problem that best fits them
- Shortly after Problem Day, team leaders submit their team roster
- Teams should include at least one student from Medicine and Engineering and should be 3-5 people in total
Do I get to choose the problem I will work on?
- If you want to be a team leader, you will get to choose 1-2 potential problems to pitch to prospetice team members from our problem database
- If you want to join a team, come to Problem Day in early October where you get to meet all of the team leaders and hear about the available problems
I have a friend(s) I want to work with on this. Can we be part of the same team?
- Yes, as long as the whole team has at least one student from the medical school and one from engineering.
Will we be funded?
- Teams will receive money from HealthX Labs to support prototype development and for achieving milestones
- There will be a $5,000 cash prize for the winning team at Demo Day at the end of the year
How does the Intellectual Property work?
- Because you come up with the ideas yourselves, 100% of the intellectual property belongs to the team members.
If your question wasn't answered here, contact us at email@example.com